When Can You Start?
Strictly speaking, you can start whenever you
want. With our modern learning materials, it can be as soon
as you sign up
online or come into Squalo Divers and pick up your
Here is a breakdown of the class:
As soon as possible, you’ll need to schedule a one-on-one orientation session with one of our staff members. This can take place any time; however, the further in advance you can do this, the better.You will want to allow about 90 minutes for this. Here is what we cover:
- Review learning agreements, waiver/release and medical history forms (you can save time by completing these beforehand).
- Issue learning materials and explain self-study and homework assignments.
- Discuss required equipment and show what features to look for.
Orientation is a good time to purchase all of the personal equipment items you will need. And, while you do not necessarily have to do so at this time, it is not something you want to put off until the last minute.
Going though the self-study materials and doing the required homework takes the average student between eight to twelve hours. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the Orientation at least a week prior to the start of class.
Day One - Friday
The first day of the course is where we conduct the academic
review and pool sessions portion of the course. The schedule
is as follows:
- Friday: We will meet at the shop at 9:00 am. You will be in the pool from 9:30 am to around 1:30 pm. There will be a one hour break for lunch. At 2:30 pm we will meet again at the shop's classroom for the academic review. You will be done around 5:30 pm.
Day Two and Three - Saturday and Sunday
During day two and three, we conduct four open-water training dives.
- Saturday: We will be at the first open-water training site from 10:00 am to around 2:00 pm.
- Sunday: We will be at the second open-water training site from 8:00 am to around 1:00 pm.
Private CoursesIf our regularly scheduled course format doesn't meet you needs, there is a good possibility we may be able to arrange for private instruction on a one-on-one basis with our instructors. Contact us for more information.
|Who Can Learn?||How Much?|
|What is Involved?||What
|Where Do You Learn?||Get Started Now|