Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least 20 dives were made with nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet, and at least 15 (with or without nitrox) dives were deeper than 30 meters/ 100 feet.
Mature and responsible, need to be able to follow the required procedures and requirements.
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
What Is Involved?
This course consists of:
- Self study.
- Classroom sessions.
- Confined water or limited open water dive.
- Three open water dives.
The Tec 50 course consists of two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You’ll learn about:
Mission planning and execution. You also learn more about handling emergencies and how to think like a technical diver.
Where And When Do Classes Take Place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
PADI Tec 50 classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water training dives are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What Is Included In The Cost?
The course fee is $659 per person and includes:
- All instruction.
- Confined water session.
- Three open water training dives.
- Certification card processing.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Educational material.
What Equipment Will You Need?
You already started to doubled up on gear on Tec 40 and 45 courses. You may dive with backmounted or sidemounted cylinders. You should dive with EANx for additional conservatism. Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Air or Nitrox tanks*+
- Scuba mask and scuba fins, back up mask+
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration * +
- Underwater compass+
- Lights (as required for environment)+
- Inflatable signal tube, whistle and/or other visual and audible surface signaling devices.+
- Knife/cutting tool device and back up+
- Armband slate and pencil+
- Join line +
- Reel and lift bag OR a Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB) +
- If a lift bag is used, a student must also have an inflatable signal tube (one that is inflated with a regulator) and whistle +
- Weight system if needed *+
- Two multigas enriched air capable dive computers, or one multigas enriched air computer and a back up single gas computer with dive tables, or one single gas enriched air gas computer and a backup timer and depth gauge with dive tables. *+
- Tec diving BCD(s) and harness (backmount or sidemount)* +
- Back up buoyancy control +
- Two regulators, first and second stage (one with 7 feet hose)* +
- Double cilinders of at least 12 L/70 cf each, with isolator manifold (isoletor not required for divers diving in sidemount configuration).*+
- 2 Stage/decompression cylinder with regulator and SPG, with proper label markings.*+
- Bathing suit and towel.
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.