Who Can Enroll?
This course is open to divers who are:
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
What Is Involved?
This course consists of:
- Self study.
- Classroom and gear setup session.
- Pool session.
- Four open water dives.
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and four open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure Tec sidemount scuba diving equipment
- Trim your weight system and Tec sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when Tec sidemount diving.
Where and when do classes take place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom and pool activities take place right here at Squalo Divers. We have our own heated swimming pool. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
PADI Tec Sidemount classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water training dives and pool session are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What Is Included In The Cost?
The course fee includes:
- Educational material
- All instruction
- Pool session
- Four open water training dives
- Certification card processing
What Equipment Will You Need?
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask and scuba fins+
- Air/Nitrox tanks *+
- Sidemount BC*+
- Four regulators each with an SPG, one with a 2 meter/ 6 feet hose*+
- Adequate exposure protection (i.e.: wetsuit).*+
- Underwater compass.+
- Audible surface signal (i.e. whistle).+
- Knife/cutting tool device.+
- Slate or underwater notebook.+
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB).+
- Bathing suit and towel.
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.