Who Can Enroll?
This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 18 years old.
- Certified as a PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Mature and responsible, need to be able to follow the required procedures and requirements.
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
What Is Involved?
This course consists of:
- Self Study.
- Classroom Sessions.
- Pool Session.
- Open Water Dives.
The TecRec Package consists of Advanced Open Water Dives, Deep Diver Speciality Dives, Knowledge Development Sessions, Practical Application Sessions, Pool session and Training dives.
Where And When Do Classes Take Place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers. We have our own heated swimming pool. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
The Squalo Divers TecRec Program can start at any time. Classroom sessions are done during regular store hours. Pool session and open water training dives are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What Is Included In The Cost?
The course fee includes:
- All instruction.
- Use of tanks.
- Use of weights.
- Pool sessions.
- Open Water Training Dives.
- Certification card processing.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below.
What Equipment Will You Need?
You’ll start with your basic scuba diving equipment and add technical equipment, which essentially means you’ll begin to double up on gear. You may dive with backmounted or sidemounted cylinders. You should dive with nitrox for additional conservatism. Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask and scuba fins +
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration * +
- Underwater compass *+
- Audible surface signal +
- Knife/cutting tool and back up +
- Slate +
- Reel and lift bag or a Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB) and a whistle +
- If a lift bag is used, the student must also have an inflatable signal tube (one that is inflated with a regulator) and a whistle +
- Two dive computers, or one computer with a backup timer and depth gauge (best is a single gas computer in "gauge mode") with dive tables. One computer must be able to handle multiple gases *+
- The kind of tank configuration a student has, determines what kind of regulator and BCD to have. If a recreational BCD is used, it must have the appropriate rings for attaching a deco bottle * +
- Two regulators, first and second stage (one with 7 feet hose) * +
- Bathing suit and towel
We can teach you in three different configurations:
- Doubles with a deco bottle.
- One large single tank with a pony/deco bottle.
- Sidemount and pony/deco bottle (must be a PADI Sidemount Diver or equivalent).
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.