Who Can Enroll?
This course is open to divers who are:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are certified as PADI Divemaster or equivalent.
- Are certified as PADI Emergency First Response CPR & First Aid (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
- Have logged at least 60 dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have secured a physician’s approval for diving within the past twelve months, based on the standard Medical History Form.
What Is Involved?
This course consists of:
- Extensive self study.
- Classroom sessions.
- Pool sessions.
- Open water training dives.
- Participation in entry-level classroom, pool and open water training.
- Participation in continuing education courses.
Where And When Do Classes Take Place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom and pool sessions take place right here at Squalo Divers. We have our own heated swimming pool. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Assistant Instructor classes start at any time. Classroom and pool sessions are done during regular store hours. Open water dives are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What Is Included In The Cost?
The course fee is $429 per person when done with eLearning and $599 when done with books and includes:
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- All instruction.
- Use of regulator, bcd, tanks and weights.
- Five days of training with books or three days of training with eLearning.
- Study materials (PADI Instructor Crew Pak).
- Certification card processing fees.
What Equipment Will You Need?
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins.+
- Adequate exposure protection.* +
Dive computer.* +
- Underwater compass.*+
- Audible surface signal.+
- Surface signal (safety tube).+
- Cutting tool.+
- Bathing suit and towel.
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.