Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks.
The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is needed.
Dive planning and gas management.
Who can enroll?
This course is open to divers who are:
What is involved?
This course consists of:
- Self study.
- Classroom and gear setup session.
- Three open water dives.
Where and when do classes take place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Self-Reliant Diver Specialty classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water training dives are done on any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What is included in the cost?
The course fee is $395 per person and includes:
- All instruction.
- Three open water training dives.
- Use of regulator, bcd, tanks and weights.
- Certification card processing.
What equipment will you need?
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins +
- Adequate exposure protection * +
Dive computer * +
- Underwater compass * +
- Audible surface signal +
- Surface markert buoy, such as delayed surface market bouy (DSMB) or lift bag with at least 30 meters/100 feet of line +
- Cutting tool +
- Slate +
- Redundant gas source - pony cylinder *+, twin cylinders with isolation valve or sidemount configuration. Redundant gas must be configured so that the diver can access it with one hand
- Redundant depth gauge and bottom timer, or dive computer * +
- Redundant surface signaling devices (both visual and audible) +
- Back-up mask (recommended) +
- Bathing suit and towel
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.