• When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
– Preserves the internal lubrication. – Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry. – Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen.
• Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung`s three anti-freeze properties:
1. Where there`s no moisture, there`s no ice: The LEG3ND`s integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment.
2. Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism
3. The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm.
• Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
• Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver`s depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density.
• Ergonomically shaped YOKE screw made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands.
• Channelled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
• Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage.
• Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing.
• New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
o Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents
o Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%.
• New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect.
• Overmolded air purge
o Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
o Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort
• Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
• Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
• The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
• Air channel deflector
o Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
o Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
• Flexible and lightweight (just 132g) Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors