- Students gain additional open water experience under the guidance and supervision of a knowledgeable instructor.
They receive an introduction to a variety of specialty diving activities also dive from shore and boat.
- Their recommended depth rating goes from 60 to 100 feet.
- Students meet an important prerequisite for Rescue, Divemaster and Assistant Instructor training, as well as for a number of Specialty Diver courses, such as Underwater Navigation and Deep Diving. If your ultimate goal is to earn the prestigious Master Scuba Diver rating, this course is your starting point.
- Further, course graduates qualify to take part in a number of diving activities in which participation is limited to “Advanced Divers Only.”
Despite the fact it is designed to be taken immediately after students complete the Open Water Diver course, there are some substantial differences between the beginning course and the Advanced Open Water Diver course.
- Where the focus of the beginning course is to develop fundamental knowledge and skills, the Advanced Open Water Diver course focuses primarily on introducing you to a variety of fun and enjoyable specialty diving activities.
- The beginning course follows a single, standardized curriculum. In the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you get to design your own curriculum — just like choosing electives in college.
Who can enroll?
This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- Certified as PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Able to either answer NO to all questions on the standard Medical History Form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved?
This course consists of:
- Self study.
- One classroom session.
- Five open water training dives.
Where and when do classes take place?
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers. Open water training dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Advanced Open Water Diver classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water training dives are done on any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
What is included in the cost?
The course includes:
- Educational material.
- All instruction.
- Five open water training dives done over two days (1 day shore 1 day boat).
- Use of regulator, bcd, tanks and weights.
- Certification card processing.
What equipment will you need?
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel and scuba fins. +
- Adequate exposure protection. *+
Dive computer. *+
- Underwater compass. *+
- Audible surface signal. +
- Surface signal (safety tube). +
- Cutting tool. +
- Slate. +
- Bathing suit and towel.
* Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+ Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.